- Drive Wheel Transmission
- The drive motor’s variable speed driven pulley is directly coupled to the high efficiency planetary gear reducer and the drive wheel is mounted on the rotating output case of the gear reducer. The pulleys and belt are guarded against both fluids and dust for long life with low maintenance.
- Band Wheels & Drive System
- The band wheels are cast iron for long, productive life. The drive wheel is mounted on the rotating outer case of the planetary gear reducer. This direct coupling of the drive wheel to the rotating outer case of the reducer provides deflection-free torque transfer and ensures the wheel runs true regardless of tension stresses or cutting loads. The inherent high efficiency of the planetary gear reducer means more power is delivered to the blade. The idler wheel spindle assembly incorporates tapered roller bearings for greater rigidity and long service life. The wheel tracks the blade so that the back of the blade contacts the wheel flange to support the back of the band.
- Band Deviation Monitor
- The detector constantly displays the current blade cutting conditions and has independently adjustable limits for each direction. If the blade deviation exceeds either limit for more than 90 seconds, the machine control will stop the machine. Using the cutting display in conjunction with the runout detector, enables the operator optimize the cutting performance to achieve the desired rate and accuracy.
- Power Positioning of Upper Saw Guide Arm
- The movable guide is hydraulically positioned using the manual valve on the control panel. After it is in the desired position, it is locked to the way bar by a short stroke hydraulic cylinder.
- Pressure/Flow Feed Control
- The independent pressure and flow controls in series ensure the optimum cutting rate can be obtained regardless of section or alloy being cut. The pressure control determines the cutting force applied to the blade and the flow control sets the maximum feed rate of the head. For example, for difficult to machine materials the pressure is set higher than free machining alloys and the flow is set lower, as shown on the escutcheons above the control knobs.
- Table Guiding
- The rigid feed table is mounted on precision LM linear bearings. This rigidity enables the machine to cut all tough and hard machinable alloys.
- Manual Positioning of Saw Table
- The table positioning push buttons actuate solenoid valves to rapidly position the saw head forward or reverse. The manual movement of the head is controlled by push buttons on the control panel with safety interlocks.
- Idler Wheel Motion Detector
- The idler wheel motion detector will turn off the blade drive in the case where a blade breaks or is jammed in the workpiece. This feature prevents premature wear on the drive wheel from a stalled band.
- The ammeter displays the current draw on the blade drive motor.