- Saw Head Frame
- The rigid ‘C’ section frame carries the mountings for the two band wheels, heavy-duty worm drive gear reducer, the band drive motor and saw guide arm mounting supports.
- Band Wheels & Drive System
- The inverter-controlled band drive motor is directly coupled to the worm gear reducer eliminating friction losses of a variable speed pulley drive. The drive wheel transmission is designed and manufactured by Amada to provide a high-efficiency speed reduction, which requires no external cooling to deliver more power to the drive wheel. Band speed is set using the band speed adjustment knob on the control panel.
- Canted Head and Single Column Mounting
- The head is canted 8° to enable the machine to cut rolled sections e.g. I beams or rectangular tubing at significantly faster rates because the blade is never in full contact with the horizontal section of the material. The single-column mounting enables the saw guides to be much closer together compared to scissor-type machines which improve the cutting performance.
- Full Stroke Clamping Vise
- The full stroke clamping vise reduces the operator’s setup time for different widths of material.
- Manual Vise Inching Control
- The vise inching control enables the operator to more accurately locate the workpiece for the cut because he can inch the vise until it is just touching the material but not clamped hard. Then with the help of the shadow line projector, make any small adjustment to the position to produce the desired cut.
- The saw band is constrained within the heavy gage guarding in all non-cutting areas.