- Saw Head Frame
- The rigid ‘C’ section frame carries the mountings for the two band wheels, heavy-duty worm drive gear reducer, the band drive motor, and saw guide arm mounting supports.
- Band Wheels & Drive System
- The band wheels are cast iron for long, productive life. The deflection free 9.4 inch (240 mm.) wheel spindles ensure the wheels run true regardless of tension stress or cutting loads. The spindle assemblies incorporate tapered roller bearings for greater rigidity and long service life. The wheel tracks the blade so that the back of the band contacts the wheel flanges to support the band. The drive motor is coupled to the transmission through a variable speed pulley.
- Drive Wheel Transmission
- The drive wheel transmission is designed and built by Amada to provide high-efficiency speed reduction, which requires no external cooling, to deliver more power to the large diameter drive hub. This hub ensures that this developed torque is transferred to the blade with no strobing, enabling the machine to efficiently cut high alloys as well as free machining materials.
- Idler Wheel Motion Detector
- The wheel motion detector will turn off the blade drive in the case where a blade breaks or is jammed in the workpiece. This feature also prevents premature wear on the drive wheel from a stalled band.
- Automatic, Powered Chip Conveyor
- The electrically powered chip conveyor auger automatically removes the saw chips from the saw while draining the cutting fluid back into the fluid reservoir. The automatic chip conveyor greatly reduces cleanup time and enables the machine to run longer without operator cleanup.
- Full Stroke Vise Clamping
- The work holding and index vise cylinders are both full stroke which eliminates the manual setting of the clamping jaw for the working width.
- Narrow Profile Front Vise
- The narrow front vise assembly reduces the butt end remnant to a minimum of 0.3 in. (8 mm.)